Yearly, Microsoft releases an update to their current operating system, this year it is known as the Fall Creators update.
As more machines are being updated to this release (Build 1709) our support specialists have noticed a trend in calls reporting system instabilities.
Here are some of the issues that we have found during testing, or that have been reported by our users after they applied this update:
- Update causes Remote Desktop (RDP) to stop functioning
- AutoDesk software is unstable after the update and crashes frequently
- Various Printer vendors are working to update drivers to support these release changes and you may find a printer that no longer functions after the 1709 release
- Microsoft .Net Framework packages have become unstable and cause software crashes
- Microsoft Office365 Users are reporting they are unable to install other software applications if Office suite software is running at the time
Any of our MSP customers that have their patches managed […]